UN Principles for Responsible Investment
Greencape has made a commitment to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), a network of international investors working together to put the six Principles for Responsible Investment into practice.
1. We will incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
2. We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
3. We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
4. We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
5. We will work to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
6. We will report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Why we are committed to responsible investing
ESG issues can influence the risk-adjusted investment returns of a company. As a manager of client funds over the medium to long term, we realise that the companies in which we invest are best positioned to perform if they can sustain cash flow generation growth, brand value and reputational credibility. These characteristics are common with many ESG attributes.
For more information regarding the UN Principles for Responsible Investment, please visit the UNPRI website.